The key nature of the Windows registry makes it prone to errors like runtime error 53. This message will usually show up after you install new software into your computer. When the computer is newly installed, the system environment is still optimized for that software to run smoothly and efficiently.
After you restart the computer and start to use it again, the runtime error 53 will again show up. Simply click on the start menu and then navigate to the control panel. Open the Add/Remove Programs or the Uninstall a Program. Wait for a few moments and you will see the operating system of your computer recognized as the problem.
There is a lot of operating systems that will definitely make an entry in the registry of your computer. It can happen that the key nature of the registry will make an incorrect entry. The invalid entries make the system generate such a runtime error 53.
The problem is not only that the errors show up, it can also happen that the problems go away after a short while. This makes the computer slow and declines its performance. There may be a lot of time when you do not need to work with a slow computer.
- Open the Edit menu and then click on Export. The platform of the file not been saved yet, so close it.
- Open your computer’s system disk and then type the information of the memory you have exported to the file.
- Close the file by pressing the Close button.
- Create a new, blank document and then press Ctrl+N to create a new, formatted text file.
- Double-click on the image that you have exported earlier.
- In the Open dialog box, click to select the All Files and Folders option, and then click OK.
This will show you the list of files and folders that exist in your computer’s memory.
- Select the memory image that you have created on the memory card. This will make the file appear on the map screen.
- Click on the Start button and then click on Run.
- In the Open window, type the following commands:
- Run setup.exe configuration.exe resolution.exe eresolution.ini
These commands will help you to launch the EXE installer. The memory card driver will also be launched after you type the command or double-click on the file that you have created.
After that, click on the OK button. The memory card driver will launch and then install the Windows operating system.
The runtime error 53 file not found errors can also be fixed manually.
Sometimes, the problem might not be caused by any file but due to the way the computer is not able to properly read the required file.
If the memory card is not properly installed or the driver is not properly installed, then most of the time, a runtime error 53 will pop up.
The commands on the black box can help you to fix the problem.
If the device occurs every time you try to access the hardware, then this indicates a faulty memory card.
If you are already seeing numerous runtime errors on your computer, then the device is most likely a memory card problem.
You can also try to change the memory card. That is, switch to a new memory card and see if the problem still exists.
If that does not solve the runtime error 53, then you should check the driver. You can download a new or repaired version of the driver from its manufacturer’s website.
Moreover, update Windows and run the Aero Peek option in Windows 7 to verify that your system is encountering the most current versions of all drivers that are compatible with your computer.